Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Celebrating the Special moments."

As I am getting ready to attend the wedding of my friends Randall and Rebekah. I  am reflecting about celebrating the special moments with your friends and family.  I am very excited about celebrating the special day on the marriage of my friends. How many times do we think only of ourselves?  We don't think to celebrate in the happy times with your family and friends. How many times do we get  occupied by our own things.  I want to be a person who can put myself aside to celebrate the special moments in the life of my family and friends. I don't want to be a person who is always consumed on myself  or consumed by material things. I don't want to be someone who is always about working and neglecting my friends or my family.

I took today and wrote a letter to one of my nephews my middle nephew. we have always been really close and had a special bond. I took care of him when he was a little boy, taught him how to play basketball,  talked to him when he was sick and made him sprite. I last saw him at my older nephews wedding last January  and spent some quality bonding time when he wanted his Aunt to come with him to pick out a shirt for my nephew's wedding.

I have not seen him after that since I live so far away. I want to be the kind of Aunt who writes to him and stays in touch. I guess it stems from love and compassion but also the fact that I grew up without Aunts and Uncles myself as well. I always wondered what life would be like if I had Aunts and Uncles who loved me and wanted to share in the special moments in their life.  My middle nephew's first daughter Isabella and celebrate these special moments in my friends and families lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment